Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yogurt Cornbread

Serves: 6-8

2 eggs
2 T. sugar
1 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
2/3 c. cornmeal
1/2 t. salt
1 c. plain yogurt
1/4 c. butter, melted & slightly cooled

Beat the eggs, add the sugar, and mix well. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, cornmeal and salt. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the yogurt to the egg-sugar mixture. Stir in the cooled butter. Pour into a greased square baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, watching closely after the first 15 minutes to make sure it doesn't burn.


Tips: This was a wonderfully moist and tasty cornbread! I think this recipe will take the place of my usual Easy Cornbread. I still recommend the other but it is a bit drier and more crumbly so it might be better for cornbread stuffing. I used Brown Cow Greek Yogurt because it is thicker than regular plain yogurt but also fat-free. If you don't have Greek yogurt on hand, I find that regular plain yogurt works fine too. I always serve cornbread with my Easy Chili. I also shared this recipe at 8-Muddy Boots' From Scratch & I Heart Naptime's Sundae Scoop.

Recipe from Brown Cow

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Mmm... sounds really good! Never would have thought to add yogurt to cornbread! That's great!

Thanks for linking up!

Kim said...

Yum! Thank you, this is my new favorite corn bread too

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you thought of a recipe or coupon! Feel free to share any tips you came across as you prepared your food.