Monday, September 29, 2008

Oriental Chicken Salad

Serves: 4

1 package coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 package of ramen noodles (any flavor)
1/4 c. cashews, chopped
2 T. butter
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
Asian/Oriental salad dressing, any brand

Break ramen noodles into small pieces. Saute cashews and ramen noodles in butter until brown. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and top with oriental dressing.

Click here to see if there are any coupons available to go with this recipe!

Tips: This is a quick tasty salad that works as a main dish or side dish. If your kids aren't much for the oriental flavor just substitute any dressing that works for them. I also shared this recipe at Harrigan Howdy's Recipe Share Party.

Recipe from my friend's mom, Mickey.

2 comments:

Smarshie said...

I made this for the first time the other night and it turned out SO good. I never thought about cooking the cashews and ramen noodles before - it was a big hit. We topped it with a yummy oriental dressing we found at the grocery store. I would definitely recommend this recipe to anyone.

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I picked this as my favorite for the Recipe Share Party. If you'd like, you can grab a featured button. :)

Blessings,
Sarah

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you thought of a recipe or coupon! Feel free to share any tips you came across as you prepared your food.